Looking for resources for pastors’ wives? Maybe you’re a new pastor’s wife looking for help and advice?
When I first stepped into the role of a pastor’s wife, I was excited but also overwhelmed. I found myself searching for websites for pastors’ wives and a pastors’ wives ministry to connect with, but I couldn’t find much.
It made me realize the importance of having support and resources for pastors’ wives. That’s why I’m writing this blog post – to share all the fantastic resources and support for ministry wives I’ve discovered and created.
Whether you’re looking for books for pastors’ wives, devotionals, podcasts, or a supportive community, this guide has it all.
Why Pastors’ Wives Need Resources and Support
Having the right resources and support are such important things for pastors’ wives for the following reasons:
- Ministry Tools: Resources for pastors’ wives can help you learn how to help your husband in his ministry and deal with the special difficulties it brings.
- Self-Care: Pastors’ wives should make taking care of themselves and their mental health a top priority. Resources can give them useful advice and plans to stay well and feel good.
- Spiritual Nourishment: Resources can provide devotional materials and spiritual guidance to help pastors’ wives deepen their faith in God.
- Role Clarification: Support networks for pastors’ wives can help clarify the roles and responsibilities of a pastor’s wife and provide advice on how to manage them.
- Encouragement: Resources and support offer a source of encouragement, reminding pastors’ wives that they’re not alone in their journey.
Great Resources For Pastors’ Wives:
Here are several great resources for pastors’ wives. Some of these resources are free and readily available for download.
Others are available for purchase:
1. Podcasts For Pastors’ Wives:
- Ministry Wives Podcast – This podcast focuses on ministry wives looking for hope, perspective, and a little bit of practical advice regarding their role.
- The Pastor Wife Life – This podcast encourages pastors’ wives to embrace their God-given role with confidence and true joy. It also inspires them to discover God’s vision for their pastor wife life, and boldly step into their purpose.
- Pastors’ Wives Tell All– A podcast hosted by pastors’ wives, shattering stereotypes within the church and offering ministry insights. It highlights the struggles of pastors’ wives with a dash of humor and faith.
- Ministry For Her – This podcast provides a candid look at the lives of a pastor and his family, including the pastor’s wife, offering real insights into the dynamics of ministry life.
- Real Life Pastor’s Wife – On this podcast, you’ll join the host in conversations with friends and fellow ministry wives, with the aim of leaving you feeling uplifted and less isolated in this remarkable journey we share.
2. Books For Pastors’ Wives:
- “Leading and Loving It: Encouragement for Pastors’ Wives and Women in Leadership” by Lori Wilhite – A comprehensive guide that provides a support system, guidance, and tools for pastors’ wives to navigate the challenges of ministry and personal growth.
- “How to Thrive as a Pastor’s Wife“ by Christine Hoover – An encouraging book that addresses the joys and challenges of being a pastor’s wife.
- “The Pastor’s Wife: Strengthened by Grace for a Life of Love“ by Gloria Furman – A deep dive into the spiritual aspect of the role, focusing on grace and love.
- “Surviving Ministry: How to Weather the Storms of Church Leadership“ by Michael L. Foss – While not specific to pastors’ wives, it provides valuable insights into church leadership.
- “She Can’t Even Play the Piano!: Insights for Ministry Wives“ by Jo Davis – Offers practical advice and encouragement for wives in ministry roles.
- “One With a Shepherd: The Tears and Triumphs of a Ministry Marriage“ by Mary Somerville – This book explores the challenges and joys of a ministry marriage.
- “True Companion: Thoughts on Being a Pastor’s Wife“ by Nancy Wilson – Offers insightful thoughts on the role of a pastor’s wife.
- “Help! I’m A Pastor’s Wife“ by Multiple Authors – Provides collective wisdom and guidance for pastors’ wives and women in ministry.
- “You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes“ by Lisa McKay – Lisa shares practical advice for pastor’s wives navigating their unique journey.
- “One With a Shepherd: The Tears and Triumphs of a Ministry Marriage“ by Mary Somerville – Delves into the tears and triumphs of ministry marriages.
3. Devotions For Pastors’ Wives:
- “Devotions for Ministry Wives” by Barbara Hughes – A great devotional written by a fellow ministry wife to offer wisdom, encouragement and support.
- “Love, Joy & Faithfulness: A 90 Day Devotional for the Pastor’s Wife“ by Flowers For The Pastor’s Wife – A devotional designed to encourage prayer and support for the pastor’s wife as you serve with your husbands.
- “How to Thrive as a Pastor’s Wife“ by Christine Hoover – A 7-day devotional that offers offers encouragement and guidance to those in ministry.
- “Fashioned from the same Fabric: A 40-Day Devotional for Pastors’ Wives“ by Melissa West – A wonderful devotional to encouragement and uplift the heart of a Pastor’s wife.
- “Devotions for the Pastor’s Wife“ by Pastors Wives Arise – The goal of this devotional is to bring encouragement to ministry wives who labor tirelessly for the Lord with their husbands.
- “Daily Devotions From a Pastor’s Wife“ by Mrs. Katie L. OBrian – This devotion has 365 days of spiritual messages and Bible readings to remind us of God’s grace towards us.
4. Counseling and Therapy Resources:
- Focus on the Family – Counseling Services – A resource offering counseling and support for individuals, couples, and families.
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) – A professional organization that can help you find qualified therapists specializing in family and marital counseling.
- Care for Pastors – A site that provides virtual care counseling for pastors’ wives and pastoral couples.
- BetterHelp – An online platform that provides convenient access to licensed therapists and counselors via messaging, video, or phone calls.
- Grace Life International Church – They offer counseling services for both pastors and their spouses. Grace provides counselling for financial, spiritual and many other kinds of problems you or your spouse may be facing.
5. Prayer Resources:
- 30-Day Praying for Your Pastor’s Wife Challenge – This is a fantastic prayer challenge specifically made for pastors’ wives. It can also be adapted to pray for yourself as a pastor’s wife and for other ministry wives you know.
- A Prayer for the Ministry Wife – A wonderful prayer that can be prayed by pastors’ wives or on behalf of fellow wives in ministry.
- Prayer For Pastor’s Wife – A great prayer for pastor’s appreciation month with a free printable you can download and keep.
- Daily Prayer Calendar – a great daily prayer resource to help you pray for your husband more effectively.
- 6 Printable Prayers for Your Pastor’s Wife – this great article talks about the five things that every pastor’s wife needs. It also includes a free printable that include 6 beautiful prayers.
6. Family Retreats/Getaways For Pastors’ Wives:
- A Retreat For Pastors’ Wives – a yearly weekend retreat for pastors’ wives to foster encouragement, rest, friendship, and understanding among wives who understand.
- Refresh Retreat – an annual retreat for every pastor’s wife who needs some time away to relax and refresh so she can return to her ministry empowered and encouraged.
- Pastors’ Wives Getaway – a retreat that focuses on refreshment and fellowship, specifically for pastors’ wives.
- Soul Care Retreats for Pastors’ Wives – a wonderful retreat for pastors’ wives where they can spend time with God, rest, laugh with fellow wives, learn more about ministry life, and be refreshed.
- Joy For The Journey Pastors’ Wives Retreat – a retreat where pastors’ wives can take a much-needed break from the daily life of ministry and be refreshed and encouraged.
7. Crisis Hotlines For Pastors’ Wives:
- Pastoral Care, Inc. Crisis Hotline – A confidential hotline for pastors and their families, offering support during difficult times.
- The Hope Line – A crisis hotline that provides support, encouragement, and prayer for those in need.
- Christian Care Connection by AACC – Offers crisis counseling services for individuals and families facing emotional and spiritual crises.
- Pastor Serve – A crisis line dedicated to providing support to pastors and their families during difficult times.
- 1-844-PASTOR1 – Offers crisis support for Southern Baptist pastors and their wives, chaplains and missionaries.
8. Facebook Groups:
- The Confidante ~ for Pastors’ Wives – This group for Pastors’ wives is run by Care For Pastors. It is a group for pastors wives to have a safe place, where they can post questions, prayer requests, or struggles.
- Wife in the Fishbowl – A Pastor’s Wife Group – Wife in the Fishbowl is a Facebook group for pastors’ wives to connect, chat and find community in ministry.
- Pastors’ Wives & Pastors’ Widows Support Group – This Facebook group is for pastors’ wives or the widows of pastors’ wives to help one another through prayer, support and community.
- Pastors’ Wives Tell All Community – The goal for this Facebook group is to build a community where each of you, as ministry wives, feels safe to share prayer requests, any struggles, and wins as wives in ministry.
- The Pastor Wife Life Podcast Community – This is a private Facebook community for listeners of the The Pastor Wife Life podcast. It is a safe place for ministry wives to connect, find encouragement and inspiration.
9. Bible Studies:
- Online Bible Study for Minister’s Wives – These three Bible studies are great for ministers wife. They will challenge and encourage you as a pastor’s wife and remind you that no matter where you find yourself, God is with you.
- Joy for Joyless Pastors’ Wives – A beautiful Bible study to encourage and uplift pastors’ wives who feel like the work they do is unrecognized or underappreciated.
- In Our Shoes: Real Life Issues for Ministers’ Wives by Ministers’ Wives – This is is an 8-topic Bible study to help ministry wives navigate transitions to new churches, leadership and other issues they face.
10. Free Printables For Pastors’ Wives:
- Daily Planner – The daily planner is specifically created to assist new pastors’ wives in managing your busy schedules. It includes sections for your personal, family, and church-related tasks, as well as space for reflections and notes.
- 7-Day Devotional – This devotional is designed to provide spiritual nourishment, guidance, and reflection for new pastors’ wives. It includes daily readings and prayers to help you deepen your faith and find strength in your role.
- The Pastor’s Wife Planner – This planner for Pastors’ wives helps you focus on God, organize your busy schedule, complete daily tasks, and keep you ministry-minded.
- Appreciation Gift Planner for Pastor’s Wife – A beautiful planner specifically made for pastors’ wives that can be personalized with photos, stickers and more!
- A Pastor’s Wife Has Multiple Roles Spiral Notebook – Elevate your organization and embrace the multiple roles of a pastor’s wife with this versatile spiral notebook, designed to be your trusted planner and organizer on this extraordinary journey.
- Leading and Loving It Conference – Annual events and workshops designed to encourage and equip women in church leadership roles.
- Influence Conference – A faith-based conference that brings together women for worship, inspiration, and training in leadership.
- She Speaks Conference – A conference and training event for women in ministry who desire to communicate effectively and with impact.
- Renew Women’s Conference – An event focused on helping women renew their faith, discover purpose, and grow in leadership.
- Revive Our Hearts Women’s Conferences – Events and workshops designed to inspire and equip women for their roles in the church and family.
13. Articles For Pastors’ Wives:
- “How To Set Healthy Emotional Boundaries In Ministry” – An article discussing practical ways that pastors’ wives and women in ministry can set healthy emotional boundaries.
- “How To Avoid Burnout In Ministry” – An article exploring the best ways for every pastor’s wife to avoid the burnout that can come from life in ministry.
- “How To Stop Feeling Overwhelmed And Find True Balance” – An article that offers insights into addressing and overcoming feelings of overwhelm while finding true balance.
- “How To Guard Your Heart Against Bitterness” – An article that talks about the various ways that a pastor’s wife can guard her heart and mind against bitterness.
- “10 Simple Ways To Speak The Truth In Love” – An article providing guidance on how to speak the truth with love during difficult times in ministry.
- “How To Make Friends In A New City Guaranteed!” – An article that gives great, practical advice for how pastors’ wives can make new friends after a big move.
- “How To Have A Happy Marriage When You’re The Pastor’s Wife” – An article highlighting the importance of making your marriage a priority along with simple, effective advice on how to have a happy, healthy relationship.
- “How To Stop Feeling Disconnected At Church” – An article that offers an honest reflection of what it’s like to feel disconnected at church and how to change that.
- “How To Overcome Church Hurt When It’s Difficult” – An article that gives advice on how to overcome being hurt by the church or its members.
- “How To Overcome The Challenges Of Being A Pastor’s Wife” – An article discussing the challenges of being a pastor’s wife, and how to overcome those challenges with grace.
14. Pastor’s Wife T-shirts, Gifts and Accessories:
- Pastor’s Leading Lady – A collection of t-shirts, accessories and more that are a tribute to all the incredible women standing beside their pastors husbands.
- A Pastor’s Wife Has Multiple Roles – A great collection of t-shirts, home decor, accessories and more for the pastor’s wife who understands the myriad of roles we play – caregiver, supporter, friend.
- Holy Moly, I’m The First Lady – A collection of shirts, hats, home decor and more that highlights the humorous nature of being the first lady.
- Called To Be His Helpmate – A truly wonderful collection of clothing, accessories, gifts and more for pastors’ wives. It represents the essence of the beautiful partnership between pastors and their wives.
- Saved By Grace And Caffeine – A collection of funny, light-hearted clothing, home decor, accessories and more featuring a phrase that captures the simple joys that keep us, as pastors’ wives, going.
- Pastor’s Wife: Surviving On Coffee And Prayers – A great collection of t-shirts, hats, stickers and more that pays tribute to the juggling act pastors’ wives pull off daily.
- Dibs On The Pastor – This collection of clothing, hats, home decor and more features a fun and cheeky design; a little nod to the shared laughter and love in our ministry wife community.
On your walk as a pastor’s wife, remember you’re not by yourself. These ministry resources are here to help you in various parts of your life, like growing personally and in your marriage and family.
Be confident in your special role, knowing there’s a community ready to support you. No matter the difficulties, you’re an important part of your church community, showing your strong faith and dedication.
Stay resilient and keep sharing your light in your own little corner of the world!
All my love,
P.S. I’ll add more resources for pastors’ wives that I come across periodically. Be sure to bookmark this page and join my mailing list so you never miss out!