Why is it important to tell your own story? And how does sharing stories from our lives help others?
In today’s episode, Kate Allyson answers those very questions by talking about her journey with depression and other mental health issues. She discusses how she overcame these obstacles and how, through sharing her own story, inspires others to do the same.
How You Empower Others By Owning And Sharing Your Personal Story
Things we talked about in this episode:
- Growing up as an only child in East Pennsylvania
- Kate’s first experience with depression and low self-esteem as a teenager
- What it felt like to think differently than her peers and her inability to connect with others
- How and why she became a victim of her circumstances as an adult
- What it felt like when she was at the lowest point in her mental health journey
- How Kate was able to regain control of her thoughts, and rewrite the negative stories she has written for herself
- Her business and the work she now does empowering women to not only rewrite their own stories but share those stories with the world
Tune in every Wednesday at 5 AM JST/7 PM EST for your weekly dose of inspiration, encouragement and advice to get you through this thing called life!
Leave me a comment and tell me how you’re embracing the mess and sharing your very own message for a chance to #beourguest!
Remember, even though we’re all a total mess in one way or another, in that heart of yours lies a powerful message and the world needs to hear it!